Saturday, February 19, 2011

English 210

I created this blog in response to an assignment for English 210 at Goshen College.  This class, entitled "Make it New! Modern and Contemporary Poetry," was designed by Ann Hostetler to span the last century of poetry during World War I and II as well as genocides, the Civil Rights Movement, the Vietnam War, and the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States.  Poems during these events were written in response to conflict.  Most of my blog entries will respond to independent readings and in class discussions.  In addition to these smaller posts, there will be several major posts focussing on the life and work of Claude McKay, a Modernist poet who wrote during the Civil Rights Movement and Harlem Renaissance.
I hope you enjoy my thoughts concerning poems and poets during the last century.  Any additional commentary is welcome!  In the meantime, enjoy reading about Modern Poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment